FoolProof Lite's Roadmap to Money Savvy
Choose a topic, and jump in.
A tip: if you start at the first topic, and work your way down the list, you'll know more about money than many bankers. Why not work through a few topics each day?
A big tip: The four pictures on the left take you to entire lessons on really important topics like checking accounts and credit cards. Each lesson takes about forty-five minutes.
- Why you need a checking account
- What is a checking account?
- Banks vs. Credit Unions
- Ways to withdraw money from a checking account
- Check cashing services
- How people normally mess up their checking account
- Three big checking account tips
- Choosing the right checking account
- Dangers of some bounced check plans
- Writing Checks correctly
- Balancing a checking account & reconciling a statement
- Endorsing checks
- Understanding online banking & automatic payments
- Credit card pros and cons
- Understanding a credit card's "grace" period
- Grace period dangers
- Problems with some "zero percent" cards
- Bad credit cards to avoid
- Different types of credit cards
- Dangers of many credit card cash advances and "checks"
- Dangers of credit card fine print
- Bank or credit union?
- Important credit card tips
- Understanding tricky credit card terms
- Understanding balance transfers
- Understanding variable rate credit cards
- Canceling a credit card
- The difference in "secured" and "prepaid" cards
- Long term impact of not managing your credit card
- Credit Card Practice questions
- Understanding the free enterprise system
- Understanding the role of credit reports
- Understanding the danger of fine print
- Phishing scams
- Nigerian scams
- Ringtone scams
- Example of ignoring a credit card bill
- The importance of credit
FACTORS WHICH IMPACT YOUR CREDIT
- Understanding the importance of your credit score
- Understanding debt vs. income
- The importance of paying on time
- Why the "age" of your credit matters
- Why the type of credit you have matters
- Why having new credit matters
- Most important factor impacting your credit
- Understanding the difference in fact vs opinion
- Credit bureaus' impact on your life
- Late payment dangers
- Understanding risk-based lending
- Low-income consumers targeted for bad tactics?
Realities About Gambling