The Third Factor That Impacts Your Credit: How Long Have You Had The Account?
Why should the length of time you've had an account matter?
Okay, here's the deal:
- You're picking a person Online to share the rent at your new apartment.
- Two people have applied to be your new roommate and pay half of the rent.
- Both people are strangers.
- You won't meet the person you select until he or she moves in.
- You have to sign a one-year lease. You've got to depend on this person's half of the rent for the full year, or you're in trouble.
- You want to pick the stranger who is most likely to do what he or she says when it comes to rent.
- Hey, if they skip, you are stuck with the whole rent bill!
How do you pick the person most likely to pay his or her part of the rent?