Can People Have Low Credit Scores, Even If They Pay In Time?
Yes, you can have a low credit score, even if you pay on time. How?
It goes back to the type of credit you have.
Most credit bureaus ignore payments like these:
- Credit bureaus aren't impressed with two-bit payments to a small store. They want to see how you make bigger payments to bigger businesses.
- Credit bureaus also don't count some types of bigger payments people make, even if they make them on time.
- "Rent to own" payments usually don't count with credit bureaus.
- Apartment rent payments usually don't count.
- "Buy here/Pay here" purchases usually don't count.
And here's what really bugs the FoolProof team:
- Many low-income workers make payments like these, and they make their payments on time.
- But they never receive credit for paying on time.
Hey, is there something wrong here?