Getting Down To The Nitty Gritty:
What are some signs that a person has a serious problem with gambling?
- Uses a credit card to gamble. Credit cards charge rip-off interest rates, period! An easy sign of a gambling problem.
- Obsessed with gambling. Spends large amounts of time gambling and less time for other people or interests.
- Spends more and more gambling.
- Promises to cut back on gambling, but continues to gamble.
- Growing debt, owes money to friends.
- Gambles with money normally used to pay bills.
- Doesn't like to use money set aside for gambling to pay important bills.
- Thinks about or actually committed an illegal act to have money to gamble or pay gambling debts.
- Lies about gambling behavior.
- Brags about gambling wins.
- Isolates self from friends and family.
Here's one safe bet you can make: No one plans to ruin their life by succumbing to a gambling addiction.
People who develop a gambling problem at a young age will usually have other addiction problems when they are older.